[meta-freescale] Problem building fsl-image-gui

John Weber rjohnweber at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 07:40:51 PDT 2013

Hi Trevor,

I didn't get that error, but I do think that it probably has something to do
with empty directories being installed.

Paul Eggleton responded that the right way to handle these, with regards to my
bug reported on lmbench.

"What the error is telling you is that these directories will not actually
appear in the rootfs because nothing is packaging them. If these directories
should be created in the rootfs then they need to be added to FILES_${PN}
within the recipe."

So, it seems that many recipes need to be cleaned up so that they deliberately
indicate that empty files/directories should be included in the package.

John