[meta-freescale] Use barebox instead of u-boot

Eric Bénard eric at eukrea.com
Wed Jan 9 01:10:25 PST 2013

Hi Jeff,

Le Tue, 8 Jan 2013 17:22:23 -0800,
Jeff Horn <jeff at everlook.net> a écrit :
> How can I change the imx53qsb build to use barebox?  Maybe that will help.
>  Also, am I on the right track to add my own layer so I can add additional
> patches to barebox and the kernel.

bitbake barebox -> will build barebox

set IMAGE_BOOTLOADER = "barebox" in your local.conf and you will get
barebox in the SDCard image when you build it.

> I only need to patch barebox and the kernel to boot my board.  I could just
> hack the imx53qsb build but I want to learn how to do this the yocto way.

If you create your overlay to support your board, you can simply add a
barebox_2012.02.0.bbappend and add your patch & defconfig from there

BTW : I plan to update barebox support in meta-fsl-arm in the coming
weeks.

Best regards
Eric