[meta-freescale] Updating fsl-community-bsp

John Weber rjohnweber at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 07:52:58 PST 2013

Here's an update.  Sorry I didn't elaborate fully on the last email.

What I was trying to do is start working with the FSL 1.1.0 SDK kernel, the
recipe of which doens't exist in meta-fsl-arm/danny.  Probably because
danny is a ~stable~ branch.  It lives in master.  I spent some time
figuring out that danny didn't have the kernel and master did.

So, how to go about getting master instead of danny?  Well, I tried git
checkout master in sources/meta-fsl-arm - no luck there.  I hadn't made any
uncommited mods before.  The reason 'seems' to be that there is no branch
information in that git repository.  That doesn't really make sense to me,
but I didn't spend the time to figure it out either.

Then, I figured I would hack the .repo/manifests.xml file and use
revision="master" for meta-fsl-arm.  That didn't work either because I then
spent a lot of time chasing oe layer dependencies.  The build would fail
complaining that it couldn't find recipes for such and such .bbappend files.

So, I was getting a ~little~ frustrated until I discovered that Otavio and
the smart people on this list would probably have a repo default.xml for
master the same as they have for danny because there has to be a better of
doing this than I was going about doing it.  That master default.xml that
you get in fsl-community-bsp-platform checks out the right versions of the
repositories (all are master, when I was making the mistake of trying to
use a danny/master mix).

Once I had that information, all I did was repo init -u <url to
fsl-community-bsp-platform> -b master.

So, I'm good now.  Thanks for the comments.

John