[meta-freescale] Initial u-boot support for Wandboard Dual

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Tue Feb 19 11:11:11 PST 2013

On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 4:06 PM, John Weber <rjohnweber at gmail.com> wrote:
> Eric and Otavio -
>
> Thanks for your advice.  I have already worked on putting this into
> meta-fsl-arm-extra.  Just to make sure that I am clear - would a series of
> patches to add u-boot-imx support for Wandboard be accepted or are you only
> focusing on U-boot mainline at this point?

It'd be accepted, sure. However please target meta-fsl-arm-extra as
this is not an official Freescale board.

> Is there any advice you can give on how to break these up?

Well usually I do:

u-boot
kernel
machine config

But you can send those as a serie and we review it. We can than ask
for further changes if need.

> Otavio - The wandboard folks do not have an external git repo we could use
> to create a nice recipe.  You have to download and unpack the xz tarball,
> which contains all of the sources and precompiled binaries.  And, I think
> they started with an earlier version of u-boot and the kernel.  I suppose we
> could put them all on github and then point recipes to that.  The initial
> u-boot support that I'm attempting to provide has ethernet functionality
> which their SDK lacks on top of the latest u-boot-imx.

I'd prefer if you generate a diff from official u-boot-imx and we
apply it on top of u-boot-imx source. I'd also prefer if you split
official Wandboard patch from your improvements on top of it so it is
clear what come from them and what you have done so far.

> Thanks for your patience.

You're welcome; thanks by working on that.

Mobile: +55 53 9981-7854              http://projetos.ossystems.com.br