[meta-freescale] fsl-image-gui build errors on ubuntu 12.04.2

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Fri Feb 8 02:58:53 PST 2013

On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 6:52 AM, Prasant J <pj0585 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 9:17 PM, Otavio Salvador <otavio at ossystems.com.br> wrote:
>> On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 11:40 AM, Prasant J <pj0585 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm trying to build fsl-image-gui but getting the following errors and
>>> no images are prepared in tmp/deploy/
>>
>> This seems your mysql tarball is corrupted. Do:
>>
>> bitbake mysql5 -c cleanall
>>
>> bitbake -c linux-imx -c cleanall
>>
>> It seems the cached tarball is corrupted as well; please do those two
>> and give it a try.
>>
>> I hope it helps.
>>
>> --
>> Otavio Salvador                             O.S. Systems
>> E-mail: otavio at ossystems.com.br  http://www.ossystems.com.br
>> Mobile: +55 53 9981-7854              http://projetos.ossystems.com.br
>

> Hi Otavio,
>
> I did the above steps mentioned by you and I could continue download.
> mysql5 problem seems to be solved. But I'm receiving similar errors
> for other sources as well, eg:
> linux-2.6-imx
> powertop-1.13
> sat-solver
> linux-libc-headers-imx-3.0.35-r0 (this seems to be
> downloading/fetching forever, always fails)

The linux-imx and linux-libc-headers-imx use same GIT server and it
does take a looooooong time to download as those are huge. powertop
and others are better to cleanall them and give it a new try.

One thing that might explain the corrupt file is if you press Ctrl-C
many times to force the interruption. So it will kill the transfer and
left a broken file as result. In case you press Ctrl-C *once* it'll
finish after it has done current running tasks, safely.

> I guess the mirror that I'm using to download is slow and I frequently
> get corrupted tars.

Read above.

> Is there a way to provide some other mirror ?

Yes it is. You can setup your internal mirror if you wish and set
Yocto to fetch from there before trying others or restrict it for a
specific mirror.

> Is there a way to see download progress?

No; it runs many fetches in parallel so it is hard to provide
information for each in realtime.

Mobile: +55 53 9981-7854              http://projetos.ossystems.com.br