[meta-freescale] fsl.image-test boot problem

Fabio Estevam festevam at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 07:15:29 PST 2013

Hi Mattias,

On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 12:32 PM, Mattias Sahlén
<mattias.sahlen at vinnter.se> wrote:
> Hi.
> I followed this guide:
> https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-93844 and built the fsl-image-test
> for the SABRE SD board.
>
> I dd it to an SD card like so:
> sudo dd if=fsl-image-test-imx6qsabresd.sdcard of=/dev/mmcblk0
>
> I insert the SD card in to the card reader and boot from it. It starts to
> boot and loads the kernel, then it restart...
> It keeps doing this forever.  Has anyone experienced this? Has anyone built
> the image recently?

I saw this problem too and the same SD card image that boots fine on a
mx6qsabresd revB fails on a revC (board gets resetted when userspace
starts running).

Currently U-boot 2013.01 is not passing the correct board revision to
the kernel.

I will investigate this issue when I get a chance.

Regards,

Fabio Estevam