[meta-freescale] Problem with shader compiler

Thomas Senyk thomas.senyk at pelagicore.com
Fri Feb 1 08:55:24 PST 2013

On Wed, January 30, 2013 15:28:55 Otavio Salvador wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 3:09 PM, Thomas Senyk
>
> <thomas.senyk at pelagicore.com> wrote:

> > I haven't tested 1.1.0 yet ... so many patches to apply ... ;)
> > Maybe I find some time tomorrow.
> >
> >   .. if I got it right from the mailing-list all the upsteam patches are
> >
> > checked in, right?
>
> Not yet; the OE-Core/Poky patches got the Acked-by today but are not
> yet applied. So please apply those (3 patches actually) manually.
>
> >   .. so if I use repo with '-b master' I just need to repo sync and apply
> >   the
> >
> > meta-fsl-arm patches, right?
>
> For the rest, yes.

Ok I came along to do a quick test before I'm out-of-office next week.
I only selected patches I need as I'm building without 'x11' in
DISTRO_FEATURES

So just used patch 01 and 08  (maybe/properly I missed something this way?)
(and some manual adjustments to patch01 due to 'no-x11')

... the other patches were already upstream (e.g. firmware).. I think ;)

Anyway Qt5/eglfs can create the EGLDisplay and the background gets cleared
with 'white' ... so opengl/egl basically works, but I get following errors:

vertex shader compilation error:
fragment shader compilation error:
program link error: No vertex shader attached.

... with and without the 'mediump/heighp/#define'-workaround
The error-messages are not very ... verbose ;)

Maybe I missed something in the hurry .. not sure.
Anyway I'm going to do a complete clean build of everything in the week after
next week and come back to you about the state then.

gotta go now.