[meta-freescale] Supporting Vivante Profiling

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Sat Aug 31 14:25:16 PDT 2013

Sebastien,

Apologize for the delay on answering your questions. Anyway, here goes...

On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 4:14 PM, Sébastien Taylor <me at staylor.ca> wrote:
> I am looking for feedback on the best way to extend the vivante gpu package to load the alternate profiling enabled versions of the libraries and drivers.  The alternate libraries are available as part of the VDK 1.4.5 package but depend on an updated config in the kernel under drivers/mxc/gpu-viv/config.  Currently I'm doing this manually but I would like to integrated it into the meta-freescale package to submit.

Please share the changes you need to do in the kernel config so I may
provide a better advise. I cannot do it without a better understanding
on what is really need.

> Is there a best practice for this sort of thing, possibly a DISTRO_FEATURE that would update the kernel sub-config and install the alternate libraries?

Not sure; depends on what are the changes need. Please share it and we
try to find the better way to integrate it.