[meta-freescale] making building master-next just a little bit easier

Daiane Angolini daiane.angolini at freescale.com
Fri Aug 30 07:23:09 PDT 2013

On 08/30/2013 03:48 AM, Christian Betz wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 4:03 PM, Otavio Salvador
> <otavio at ossystems.com.br> wrote:

>>> Agreed, and I'm sure Otavio would love some patches to review.  Glad to see
>>> that it does not checkout master-next from Poky or OE.
>>
>> Patches please?! ;-)
>
> actually... it turns out there is a master-next in poky... and I
> needed a particular change from it it in order to build python (and
> therefore fsl-image-test) cleanly. [1]
>
> what do you think? should fsl-community-bsp-platform master-next
> branch point at poky master-next also? i'll whip up the patches right
> away after this is answered. there will be two patches that I assume
> you will apply in sequence:

I talked to Otavio on the phone, and he asked me to reply here (he's
going to be offline for some hours)

He prefers (and I agree) that uses poky master-next is not the best for
us. Poky master-next does not act like meta-fsl-arm master-next, and
sometimes it's behind master.

And, (now you read it with my voice) I think our master-next is
basically for testing, and use poky/master-next includes a second
variable that we cannot control on meta-fsl-arm test.

> (1) patch against fsl-community-bsp-platform master branch that fixes
> the README instructions to use 'master' instead of 'dylan'

I may say it's a trick change. Mostly we want users to be on latest
stable branch (developers on master), and if you see on github the
default README file shown is the master one. So the default
"recomendation" would be stay on latest stable.

I'm not sure if I made me clean. Please, let me know any doubt.

> (2) patch against fsl_community-bsp-platform master branch (which
> assumes patch #1 landed) that fixes the README to say 'master-next'
> instead of 'master' and also changes branches to master-next in the
> default.xml. of course this would need to be applied in a new branch
> called master-next.
>
> due to the fact that the second patch is going into its own branch i
> am hesitating to call this a "patch series". but i'm glad to submit
> the patches however you prefer.
>
> --christian
>
> --christian
>
> 1. http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky/commit/?h=master-next&id=5a2b592417570313f9a65b67e26d19ca5db95fb6
>

>> --
>> Otavio Salvador                             O.S. Systems
>> http://www.ossystems.com.br        http://code.ossystems.com.br
>> Mobile: +55 (53) 9981-7854            Mobile: +1 (347) 903-9750

Daiane