[meta-freescale] making building master-next just a little bit easier

Christian Betz christian.betz at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 23:48:05 PDT 2013

On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 4:03 PM, Otavio Salvador
<otavio at ossystems.com.br> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 3:52 PM, John Weber <rjohnweber at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 8/27/13 12:53 PM, Eric Nelson wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks Christian,

>>> +1
>>>
>>> This is useful.
>>
>> Agreed, and I'm sure Otavio would love some patches to review.  Glad to see
>> that it does not checkout master-next from Poky or OE.
>
> Patches please?! ;-)

actually... it turns out there is a master-next in poky... and I
needed a particular change from it it in order to build python (and
therefore fsl-image-test) cleanly. [1]

what do you think? should fsl-community-bsp-platform master-next
branch point at poky master-next also? i'll whip up the patches right
away after this is answered. there will be two patches that I assume
you will apply in sequence:

(1) patch against fsl-community-bsp-platform master branch that fixes
the README instructions to use 'master' instead of 'dylan'
(2) patch against fsl_community-bsp-platform master branch (which
assumes patch #1 landed) that fixes the README to say 'master-next'
instead of 'master' and also changes branches to master-next in the
default.xml. of course this would need to be applied in a new branch
called master-next.

due to the fact that the second patch is going into its own branch i
am hesitating to call this a "patch series". but i'm glad to submit
the patches however you prefer.

--christian

--christian

1. http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky/commit/?h=master-next&id=5a2b592417570313f9a65b67e26d19ca5db95fb6

> --
> Otavio Salvador                             O.S. Systems
> http://www.ossystems.com.br        http://code.ossystems.com.br
> Mobile: +55 (53) 9981-7854            Mobile: +1 (347) 903-9750

"the new garbage collector will be an arena-based, quad-color
incremental, generational, non-copying, high-speed, cache-optimized
garbage collector" -- LuaJIT Roadmap