[meta-freescale] u-boot fails building with gk802 (hdmi dongle) as MACHINE, hard-float issue?

Christian Betz christian.betz at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 00:23:44 PDT 2013

On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 4:14 PM, Otavio Salvador
<otavio at ossystems.com.br> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 10:25 PM, Christian Betz
> <christian.betz at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I found the answer and I was able to build u-boot (and
>> core-image-base) successfully after modifying
>> arch/arm/cpu/armv7/config.mk as described at the link below [1]
>
> This is probably something which has been fixed with a specific patch
> in mainline so the better way would be to 'export' the patch and use
> it here.
>
> Can you try git blame and check it?

I tried, but I'm having a really hard time figuring out how the fpu
selection works for other boards or finding any code related to
hard-float that I can blame. since config.mk has the -msoft-float in
u-boot master and there no patches I can find that would change it.

in other words, mainline u-boot appears to still have the following
line in arch/arm/cpu/armv7/config.mk:

 PLATFORM_RELFLAGS += -fno-common -ffixed-r8 -msoft-float

and I can't find any recipes/patches that are changing it. so i'm
scratching my head wondering how the heck u-boot builds with hard
float for all the other boards.

I'm hoping someone else has some pointers. I would like to do this the
"right" way but i'm currently lost. Or maybe i've just been awake too
long ;)

--christian

--
"the new garbage collector will be an arena-based, quad-color
incremental, generational, non-copying, high-speed, cache-optimized