[meta-freescale] MX28 Enable Watchdog reset

Mårten Wikman marten.wikman at novia.fi
Wed Aug 14 22:00:35 PDT 2013

2013/8/15 Fabio Estevam <festevam at gmail.com>

> On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 6:40 PM, Fabio Estevam <festevam at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > There is some simple watchdog test application available at
> > Documentation/watchdog/src/ in the kernel source tree.
> >
> > I took a quick look at the rtc/wd drtiver for mx28 and generated the
> > attached patch for you to try.
>
> Thinking more about it, I don't think the patch I sent you will help.
>
> I will try to reproduce this next week.

Just after I sent this question to the mailinglist I found out it's
possible to enable watchdog  just by writing something into /dev/watchdog0.
However I don't know yet how to enable watchdog very early in the boot
process, I have seen some posts on freescale community that says how to do
it from u-boot, that could be one way to do it.