[meta-freescale] MX28 Put u-boot on SPI NOR

Marek Vasut marex at denx.de
Sun Aug 4 04:14:33 PDT 2013

Dear Mårten Wikman,

> I did write it with u-boots sf write command, I have also tried to use
> mtd-utils in linux. Are there any special parameters I need to add to use
> 32-byte aligned?

IIRC the SF block should handle the alignment already. Otherwise, just align the
amount of data you write by hand ( think of rounding it up to closes multiple of
32 ).

Btw one more thing that might have gone awry. Did you erase the SPI flash before
writing? These should do the job. Load the u-boot.sb to 0x42000000, then do:

sf erase 0x0 0x80000
sf write 0x42000000 0 0x80000

The 0x80000 size should be enough for every possible u-boot.sb containing only
the u-boot . If that works, we can look for further cause of this problem. If
this doesn't work, then there might even be a hardware problem.

What device are you working with in any case? Is that a custom board or some
EVK?

> 2013/8/4 Marek Vasut <marex at denx.de>
>
> > Dear Otavio Salvador,

> > possible

> > how

> > > He did this already, as said in his first e-mail. It seems he is
> > > getting H0x80501003.
> > >
> > > I don't have the MX28 error code list here (just MX23) do you know the
> > > meaning of this error code offhand?
> >
> > #define ERROR_ROM_LDR_SIGNATURE (ERROR_ROM_GROUP | ERROR_ROM_LOADER_GROUP
> >
> > | 0x3)
> >
> > 0x80501003 The file signature or file version is incorrect.
> >
> > The file in the NOR flash is corrupted. How do you write the file into
> > the NOR
> > flash ? I think the filesize might beed to be 32-byte aligned when
> > writing.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Marek Vasut

Best regards,