[meta-freescale] Patch - udev_173.bbappend

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Wed Apr 17 10:33:39 PDT 2013

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 12:13 PM, Lewis, Nick <nick.lewis at usa.g4s.com> wrote:
>>> Otavio
>>>
>>> May I please request the following patch. It has two purposes - it
>>> changes the protocol used by the git fetcher to use the universally
>>> available http protocol
>>
>>I understand but other recipes also use git:// protocol so this wouldn't fix it for others.
>>And in fact it is not really a problem but a network issue.
>>
>>How you fixed it for the other recipes?
>>
> There are only two other fsl-image-test recipes that fetch from a git repository with the git protocol so at the user layer I do:
>
> $ cat meta-nick/recipes-multimedia/v4l-apps/v4l-utils_0.8.8.bbappend
> PRINC := "${@int(PRINC)+1}"
> SRC_URI := "${@oe_filter_out('git://linuxtv.org/v4l-utils.git;protocol=git', '${SRC_URI}', d)}"
> SRC_URI =+ "git://linuxtv.org/git/v4l-utils.git;protocol=http"
>
> $ cat meta-nick/recipes-benchmark/fio/fio_2.0.5.bbappend
> PRINC := "${@int(PRINC)+1}"
> SRC_URI .= ";protocol=http"
> nicklewis at ubuntu:/data/yocto/rootfs_builder/sources$

Yes but you're fixing the 'consequence', not the 'cause'. You do need
to fix your network so you can fetch from GIT.

I am sure you looked at the documentation for Yocto project but for
the others who didn't, here goes a

http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/mega-manual/mega-manual.html#how-does-the-yocto-project-obtain-source-code-and-will-it-work-behind-my-firewall-or-proxy-server

Mobile: +55 53 9981-7854              http://projetos.ossystems.com.br