[meta-freescale] Patch - udev_173.bbappend

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Wed Apr 17 10:35:50 PDT 2013

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 2:33 PM, Otavio Salvador
<otavio at ossystems.com.br> wrote:

>>>I understand but other recipes also use git:// protocol so this wouldn't fix it for others.
>>>And in fact it is not really a problem but a network issue.
>>>
>>>How you fixed it for the other recipes?
>>>
>> There are only two other fsl-image-test recipes that fetch from a git repository with the git protocol so at the user layer I do:
>>
>> $ cat meta-nick/recipes-multimedia/v4l-apps/v4l-utils_0.8.8.bbappend
>> PRINC := "${@int(PRINC)+1}"
>> SRC_URI := "${@oe_filter_out('git://linuxtv.org/v4l-utils.git;protocol=git', '${SRC_URI}', d)}"
>> SRC_URI =+ "git://linuxtv.org/git/v4l-utils.git;protocol=http"
>>
>> $ cat meta-nick/recipes-benchmark/fio/fio_2.0.5.bbappend
>> PRINC := "${@int(PRINC)+1}"
>> SRC_URI .= ";protocol=http"
>> nicklewis at ubuntu:/data/yocto/rootfs_builder/sources$
>
> Yes but you're fixing the 'consequence', not the 'cause'. You do need
> to fix your network so you can fetch from GIT.
>
> I am sure you looked at the documentation for Yocto project but for
> the others who didn't, here goes a
>
> http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/mega-manual/mega-manual.html#how-does-the-yocto-project-obtain-source-code-and-will-it-work-behind-my-firewall-or-proxy-server

Too early 'send button' press ...

Besides the link above, the 'site.conf.sample has also:

# To use git with a proxy, you must use an external git proxy command, such as
# the one provided by scripts/oe-git-proxy.sh. To use this script, copy it to
# your PATH and uncomment the following:
#GIT_PROXY_COMMAND="oe-git-proxy"
#ALL_PROXY="socks://socks.example.com:1080"
#or
#ALL_PROXY="https://proxy.example.com:8080"
# If you wish to use certain hosts without the proxy, specify them in NO_PROXY.
# See the script for details on syntax.

So you can stop overriding the server :-)

Mobile: +55 53 9981-7854              http://projetos.ossystems.com.br