[meta-freescale] python-setuptools-0.6c11 does not build - requires python-native

David Van Beveren vbdavid at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 12:33:36 PST 2012

Building using  just-pulled danny image.

When I add python-setuptools to my image, the build breaks with the
following error:
| error: Failed dependencies:
| /usr/bin/python-native/python is needed by
python-setuptools-0.6c11-ml6.armv5te

I read on the OE list that in July the python-native binary moved.

After my  first failure with the unmodified sources, I edited the
setuptools recipe to change PR to ml6 and to add pythonnative to the
inherit list, which I thought was correct based on the July emails.

However that does not solve the problem.

Note that I am building python-modules and python-pyopenssl no problem.

It would be great if someone could tell me what I am doing incorrectly. In
the mean time I will keep reading the docs.

David

Image recipe:
---
 require core-image-minimal.bb

IMAGE_INSTALL += "lighttpd"

CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL += "python-modules python-pyopenssl
python-setuptools"
---