[linux-yocto] pruning of unused branches from linux-yocto-3.14 kernel repository

Darren Hart dvhart at linux.intel.com
Tue May 13 13:18:55 PDT 2014

On 5/13/14, 10:06, "Kamble, Nitin A" <nitin.a.kamble at intel.com> wrote:

>Hi Bruce,
>   As most of the BSPs from meta-intel layer are using the standard/base
>for KBRANCH, these kernel branches from the linux-yocto-3.14 repository
>are not needed anymore, and can be deleted to reduce the branch count.
>
>Darren, Tom,
>   Do you see any of these branches used anywhere else?
>
>standard/common-pc-64/chiefriver
>standard/common-pc-64/crystalforest
>standard/common-pc-64/jasperforest
>standard/common-pc-64/mohonpeak
>standard/common-pc-64/rangeley
>standard/common-pc-64/romley
>standard/common-pc-64/sugarbay
>standard/common-pc/atom-pc
>standard/crownbay
>standard/emenlow
>standard/fri2
>standard/preempt-rt/base

Let's not prune preempt-rt/base - we should instead be adding the
linux-yocto-rt recipe for 3.14!

Bruce, there is a preempt-rt 3.14.3-rt5 available. I don't see it in the
linux-yoct 3.14 repository. Am I missing it - are you waiting for someone
to send the patch?

This is *way* late to be doing this.... But we really should have
preempt-rt at least in the tree :-( Sadly, I just haven't had time to do
it unfortunately, but there is enough interest out there that we really
should be making this part of our release criteria going forward.

If it just builds.... Should we add the recipe and include it?

--
Darren Hart					Open Source Technology Center
darren.hart at intel.com				            Intel Corporation