[linux-yocto] [yocto] A question on adding a new program to a new meta layer

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 10:03:11 PDT 2013

On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 12:07 PM, Insop Song <insop.song at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 7:34 AM, Bruce Ashfield
> <bruce.ashfield at windriver.com> wrote:
>>
>> As an example, I have a schedtool recipe that uses the
>> git://gitorious.org/sched_deadline/schedtool-dl.git
>> repository with a 4 patch series to enable full sched_deadline/EDF
>> support versus the custom repository that you created on github.
>> We'll work to unify the edf and other -rt support in the upstream
>> projects, so we want to reference those trees whenever possible (unless
>> we get so much development, that a tracking tree makes sense).
>>

> Agree, It's better to unify. I will look into and will update you more on this.
>

>> Also, don't be concerned that I show up as the only maintainer in the
>> meta-realtime layer, as I merge parts from your existing layer, credit
>> will be given and if it is ok with you, I'll have you down as a maintainer
>> or co-maintainer where it makes sense.
>>
>> Since I'm going to be out of the office for the next few days, I may
>> push out my initial merges without much testing, so if you have a
>> chance to test, and send patches .. that would be a great help.
>>

> Could you tell me how to get the access to the git.yoctoproject?
> If you are busy due to OOO, don't worry on this. I should be able to
> manage in local git until you come back.

If you are looking for push access, we'll wait on that for a bit. I'd like
to throttle changes into the new layer by sending them to the linux-yocto
mailing list first, have some review and then we can do a pull request
and merge model.

Once the things are stable and predictable, we can work on getting merge
access for various maintainers.

Cheers,

Bruce

> Thank you.