[linux-yocto] [yocto] A question on adding a new program to a new meta layer

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at windriver.com
Mon Mar 11 07:34:20 PDT 2013

On 13-03-10 11:32 PM, Insop Song wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 8:28 PM, Bruce Ashfield
>>
>> Expect that the yocto project hosted meta-realtime will appear in a
>> week or so. I'm doing the legwork at the moment, but with some travel
>> in the upcoming week, the initial push will be delayed by a few days.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Bruce
>>

> That's great!
> I saw the place holder on the git.yoctoproject this morning.
> Please let me know if you need anything for me to do or test.

I've pushed a bit more of the initial layer structure to the repository.
I'm not rationalizing a few items from your existing layers, and similar
repositories into the single meta-realtime.

As an example, I have a schedtool recipe that uses the
git://gitorious.org/sched_deadline/schedtool-dl.git
repository with a 4 patch series to enable full sched_deadline/EDF
support versus the custom repository that you created on github.
We'll work to unify the edf and other -rt support in the upstream
projects, so we want to reference those trees whenever possible (unless
we get so much development, that a tracking tree makes sense).

Also, don't be concerned that I show up as the only maintainer in the
meta-realtime layer, as I merge parts from your existing layer, credit
will be given and if it is ok with you, I'll have you down as a maintainer
or co-maintainer where it makes sense.

Since I'm going to be out of the office for the next few days, I may
push out my initial merges without much testing, so if you have a
chance to test, and send patches .. that would be a great help.

Cheers,

Bruce