[Automated-testing] Documentation: Designing for automated testing

Chris Fiege cfi at pengutronix.de
Thu Oct 24 02:42:53 PDT 2019

Hi everyone,

now that ELCE and ATS 2019 are coming closer I wanted post a short reminder:

I am collecting facts and hints about how to design an embedded hardware in
a way, that embedded software development is easy:

https://designing-for-automated-testing.readthedocs.io/

If you think that your common use-case is missing please send me a patch or
open a pull-request:
https://github.com/SmithChart/Designing-for-Automated-Testing

Feel free to forward this documentation to your (hardware) colleagues and
your customers.

Regards
Chris

On 04.12.18 11:42, Chris Fiege wrote:
> Hi,
>
> during our summit at ELC-E we decided to start some documentation on how to
> do a good hardware design for automated testing.
>
> It took me some time to get started. But today I got the chance to publish
> what I have so far:
> https://github.com/SmithChart/Designing-for-Automated-Testing
>
> I have chosen GitHub for hosting and collaboration for now:
> Having something like this in a git-repository sounds like a good idea.
> Also GitHub does some basic RST rendering what makes it easier to have a
> first look.
>
> I have chosen the GNU Free Documentation License. If you have another
> suggestion let me know.
>
> Since we already have patches on this mailing list I suggest to use Github
> Pull-Requests if you want to contribute. Otherwise just send your patches
> to me.
>
> I consider myself as maintainer for now. But I would like to share that
> task with other people.
>

> Cheers,
> Chris

Peiner Str. 6-8, 31137 Hildesheim, Germany | Phone: +49-5121-206917-5087 |