[Automated-testing] Next meetings...

Tim.Bird at sony.com Tim.Bird at sony.com
Tue Mar 26 13:19:12 PDT 2019

Hello all,

This is a general update on meetings and plans for the near future
regarding collaboration on Linux CI and automated testing.

Next week, at Linaro Connect Bangkok, I'll be giving a keynote about
OpenSource QA, and 2 additional sessions:  one on harmonizing test
definitions between Fuego and Linaro, and another basic introduction
and roadmap for Fuego.  Linaro generously agreed to help fund my trip
there, and I expect we'll have some good discussions with Linaro LAVA
and LKFT people on the current status of working together and trying
to get our systems to interoperate.

I've also submitted a talk for the Automotive Linux Summit in Tokyo, Japan, in July.
I believe we'll try to have another Fuego Jamboree in Tokyo that week.
I think we can probably arrange some side discussions at OSSJ and ALS for
some testing-related topics.  But nothing is planned yet.  I'll kickstark some
discussions about this on the Fuego mailing list.

I've been working behind the scenes to organize a followup Automated Testing
Summit (#2) co-located at OSSE/ELCE 2019, in October in Lyon, France.  I worked out
a budget with the Linux Foundation for a one-day event, and I'm in discussions now
with one candidate sponsor.

I'm pretty sure that there will be a testing microconference at Plumbers in Lisbon,
Portugal, in September.  It sounds like CKI and other testing people might be there.
We discussed at the last ATS that our preference would be to co-locate with ELCE,
but I think we should re-open that discussion.  It will be cheaper and much easier
logistically to pile-on to the Plumbers testing micro-conference, than to organize
a standalone (co-located) meeting at ELCE.

Last year's ATS was invitation only, and free to attendees. But this year we planned
to make ATS open to the public, and to possibly charge an attendee fee to cover costs.
Let me know what you think about this and what your preferences are for:
date, location, accessibility, and fees.

Finally - there were plans to have a meeting at FOSDEM. Did anything happen?
If so, could we get a brief report, or could someone do a writeup and put it
on the elinux wiki?

Thanks,
 -- Tim