[Automated-testing] CKI project introduction

Veronika Kabatova vkabatov at redhat.com
Tue Mar 26 08:59:11 PDT 2019

Hi,

I've been told it will be useful to introduce our project on this list :) We
are a team of people from Red Hat dealing with automated testing for kernel,
both for internal kernels and for upstream.

We are mostly focused on testing on different architectures (x86_64, ppc64,
ppc64le, s390x) for Fedora, RHEL and stable kernels but would like to expand
to other upstream sources later. We do some testing for mainline but aren't
sending those reports anywhere yet.

If you'd like to know more details about how we do things please check out the
talk from this year's DevConf [0]. Some of our code can be found on GitHub [1]
and GitLab [2]. Eventually we'd like to make even more parts of our pipeline
public, as we sanitize out internal data etc.

I'd also like to link our reports for stable kernels [3] and stable queue [4]
so you can see which tests we run for upstream without having to dig through
our repos.

While we don't have a public IRC channel yet, we can be reached at
<cki-project at redhat.com>. Some of us also already joined this list and were
invited over to #linaro-lkft so we can discuss possible collaboration with
other upstream kernel CI systems.

We are also planning a sort-of-hackfest/meeting with upstream and CI people
during Plumbers this year [5]. We heard there was an Automated Testing Summit
last year collocated with OSS. If it happened during Plumbers this year we
would be excited to join, however I'm not sure if we'd be able to participate
otherwise.

Please reach out on any of the channels if you have any questions for us,
Veronika

[0] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KwDWsAqivo
[1] https://github.com/cki-project/
[2] https://gitlab.com/cki-project/