[Automated-testing] CKI hackfest @Plumbers invite

Guillaume Tucker guillaume.tucker at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 08:42:11 PDT 2019

Hi Veronika,

On Tue, May 21, 2019 at 3:55 PM Veronika Kabatova <vkabatov at redhat.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> as some of you have heard, CKI Project is planning hackfest CI meetings
> after
> Plumbers conference this year (Sept. 12-13). We would like to invite
> everyone
> who has interest in CI for kernel to come and join us.
>
> The early agenda with summary is at the end of the email. If you think
> there's
> something important missing let us know! Also let us know in case you'd
> want to
> lead any of the sessions, we'd be happy to delegate out some work :)
>

> Please send us an email as soon as you decide to come and feel free to
> invite
> other people who should be present. We are not planning to cap the
> attendance
> right now but need to solve the logistics based on the interest. The event
> is
> free to attend, no additional registration except letting us know is
> needed.

Please do count me in as well!

One topic I would like to add to the agenda is:

- Open testing philosophy
  - Connecting components from different origins: builders, test
    labs, databases, dashboards...
  - Interoperability: documented remote APIs to let components
    talk to each other
  - kernelci.org already does this with distributed builds and
    test labs, it would be good to apply the same principles to
    to other existing systems doing upstream kernel testing for
    everyone's benefit
  - Optimal utilisation of available resources
  - Enable more high-level features by joining
    forces (bisections, cross-referencing of results, bug
    tracking...)

This does have some commonality with "Common hardware pools"
and "Avoiding effort duplication" but I think it makes sense to
keep it together as a general approach.

Thanks,
Guillaume

Feel free to contact us if you have any questions,