[Automated-testing] Linaro Connect Report

daniel.sangorrin at toshiba.co.jp daniel.sangorrin at toshiba.co.jp
Wed Apr 10 17:51:29 PDT 2019

Thanks for the report Dan!

> From: Dan Rue
[...]
> - Core pdu api actions: on, off, status
> - Core relay api actions: on, off, ???

I think that we also talked about "reset" (or "reboot", but I think that "reset" is a better verb because it implies that the operation is _forced_ unlike "reboot" which is usually done by the OS).
I am not an expert about PDUs/Relays but it seems that "reset" can be realized by combining the "on" and "off" (experts, please correct me if I am wrong) operations. That should work if the driver knows the limitations of the PDU and can add the necessary delays. In that case, I guess we can safely leave out the "reset" operation.

By the way, should we still use the word PDU or something like "power control unit"? I think that there was a discussion about that, but I am not sure if there was a consensus.

Thanks,
Daniel