[Automated-testing] RFC - Automated Testing Summit proposal

Trevor Woerner twoerner at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 10:59:41 PDT 2018

On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 3:44 PM, <Tim.Bird at sony.com> wrote:

> If you are interested in this, please either respond to this e-mail, or
> (better)
> add your name to the wiki page under "interested in attending".  Sorry,
> but expressing interest does not guarantee an invitation to the event.
> I'm still not sure, at this point, whether the summit will be open to the
> public
> or invitation-only.  It's all still in flux.  Suggestions or pros/cons on
> this
> topic are welcome.

At its most polite, wouldn't an invitation-only stance to an open-source
project smack of elitism and clique-y-ness? While it might engender
solidarity among "the chosen few", wouldn't it mostly serve to drive the
majority away, who will end up implementing their own strategies?
Ironic, considering your stated goal is to unify the testing landscape, not
to further fragment it.

Maybe ELC(E) should be invite-only too? If it's good enough for the kernel
people...