[Automated-testing] Looking for a Debian kernel provisioning solution

William Mills wmills at ti.com
Tue Jan 30 12:07:39 PST 2018

On 01/29/2018 03:54 AM, Manuel Traut wrote:
> Hi Tim,

I wrote that boot_once mode if you have questions.

Maybe it is just us but we found a number of bugs that were specific to
having been booted via kexec.  Having kexec work well is a good goal but
for general kernel testing I would prefer to test a more typical boot
flow.

This is similar to the desire to test running from real storage rather
than from initramfs or NFS.