[Automated-testing] Looking for a Debian kernel provisioning solution

Manuel Traut manuel.traut at linutronix.de
Mon Jan 29 00:54:14 PST 2018

Hi Tim,

yes

> If so, this will work for some tests,
> but not, obviously, for production boot-time tests.

It works well for rt qa tests. If you want to 'flash' the test-kernel to your
device, the kexec part needs to be replaced and a 'rescue' system needs to
restore your device if a non-working kernel was flashed.

> Also, is kexec supported on
> all Linux platforms?  What platforms are supported in the lab now?

https://ci-rt.linutronix.de/RT-Test/targets.jsp

BTW. the am572x board doesn't use kexec. It is 'emulated' by a boot_once
command in uboot. Anna-Maria can give you more details about that.

> I guess I have lots of questions - should I direct them to ci at linutronix.de?

Yes, i also added this address to 'cc' of this thread.

Regards,

  Manuel