[Automated-testing] Looking for a Debian kernel provisioning solution

Chris Fiege cfi at pengutronix.de
Sun Jan 28 22:59:49 PST 2018

On 01/26/2018 08:41 PM, Tim.Bird at sony.com wrote:

> I had hoped that pduclient (used by LAVA) could be an upstream for
> this type of stuff, but there doesn’t seem to be any effort around
> collecting these (or using pduclient outside of LAVA).  Maybe labgrid,
> or r4d, or ttc?  I wish I had time to be the upstream for these types
> of power control programs, but I don't.

labgrid has an interface to control power switches and is able to abstract the boards in
your lab. Drivers for new power switches can be upstreamed to labgrid.

Power switches can be added as python files, eg [1]. You can store the information which
board is where and the resources it uses in your labgrid coordinator [2]. This is done by
adding matches for resources by command line - and without editing files.

With this I can just do something like:

--
Chris

[1]: https://github.com/labgrid-project/labgrid/blob/master/labgrid/driver/power/gude24.py