[Automated-testing] Looking for a Debian kernel provisioning solution

Tim.Bird at sony.com Tim.Bird at sony.com
Fri Feb 16 10:47:53 PST 2018

> From: Paweł Wieczorek
>
> Hi Tim, Marco, Miłosz,
>
> On 16/02/18 10:16, Milosz Wasilewski wrote:
> > On 16 February 2018 at 02:04,  <Tim.Bird at sony.com> wrote:
> >> This looks like a really interesting and useful multi-purpose control board.
> >> Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
> >>
> >> Can you please add information about this (and a link to the presentation)
> >> on https://elinux.org/Board_Farm (in the Hardware/Multi-function
> section)?
> > It's already listed there :)
> >
> >> Looks like we'll hear some about this at ELC - Pawel has a talk scheduled
> there
> >> which sounds related.
> > I think it might be the same talk Pawel gave at FOSDEM. In such case I
> > think it's really worth attending. I hope Samsung guys will open the
> > software they talk about. As far as I understood they're working also
> > on new revision of the board as the NanoPi v1.3 is different to what
> > there was in 1.2.
>
> You are correct - talk at ELC will cover both hardware and software. I
> will bring a few MuxPis (probably current revision) with me to
> demonstrate them at Technical Showcase.
>
> Process of moving software development open-source is still ongoing. I
> hope we will manage to complete it (or at least its major parts) before ELC.

I'm looking forward to the talk, and to maybe having a side chat about
how you've got things layered (boruta, weles, perun).  I'd like to collect
information on the different ways people have the DUT control
software layered, and what pros and cons there are to the different
approaches.

See you at ELC!
 -- Tim

P.S.  Actually, I'll ask one question now.  I recently started using a
program called 'dlipower' to manage my DLI web powerswitch.  It's
written in python and talks to the power switch using an http interface.
Would something like this integrate into your system at some layer, or
does your system require the power management of a board to go
through MuxPi?  If it can fit in your system, where would it run?
That is, would your nanoPi be able to run the 'dlipower' command,
or would it run on the host?