[Automated-testing] Some LAVA updates

Alan Bennett alan.bennett at linaro.org
Wed May 21 15:12:59 PDT 2014

Hello;
  Just wanted to provide and update and ask what happened to the
auto-builder artifacts.

As we continue to review the use of LAVA for OE, we figured the best way
would be to determine value first.  Tyler enabled KVM testing for all the
OE builds across a good start of platforms.  We were able to burn through
the 25 builds in roughly 33 minutes (which includes image file transfer
time).  Adding more instances, it looks like we could hit ~ 8 minutes for
boot testing across the 25 variations, which starts to get interesting.
  Current Platforms: [Beaglebone Black, qemu-arm, qemu-mips, qemu-x86,
qemu-x86_64]
  Current Builds: [minimal, minimal-dev, sato, sato-dev, sato-sdk].

We are able to run the ptests that are installed by default in the sato-sdk
builds, but are still working (borrowed time) on creating a sensible
results parser for the different flavors of ptest results.  Once I get
something that is a bit cleaner, the data can be store and trended in the
LAVA interface each time we boot test the sato-sdk build.  For now, you can
see the OE boot image report[2].

However, all good things must come to an end and it seems that the builds
have disappeared[1] or we no longer have access.  So the question is, where
did they go?

Alan

[1] http://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org/pub/nightly/CURRENT/
[2] image report showing each device grouped by the build
   Note: SLOW-TO-LOAD - takes ~ 30 seconds, gives us room for improvement ;)

http://community.validation.linaro.org/dashboard/image-charts/OpenEmbedded-BootTests

On 7 May 2014 13:14, Philip Balister <philip at balister.org> wrote:

> At OEDAM, Alan Bennett talked a little about LAVA. After he finished
> talking and before he has to leave he setup this job:
>

> http://community.validation.linaro.org/scheduler/alljobs?search=Open&length=25#table
>
> and
>

> http://community.validation.linaro.org/dashboard/image-charts/OpenEmbedded-CURRENT-bbb
>
> I looked at the results and it appears the existing tests he runs assume
> debian packaging so it can't find a utility which leads to some tests
> failing.
>
> Philip

Alan Bennett, Director of Product Technology
Linaro.org <http://www.linaro.org/> *│ *Open source software for ARM SoCs |
Follow Linaro*:* Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/pages/Linaro> |
Twitter<http://twitter.com/#%21/linaroorg>
 | Blog <http://www.linaro.org/linaro-blog/>