[Automated-testing] Some LAVA updates

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Sun May 11 05:26:03 PDT 2014

On Sat, 2014-05-10 at 09:54 -0700, Khem Raj wrote:
> On Wed, May 7, 2014 at 4:22 PM, Alan Bennett <alan.bennett at linaro.org> wrote:
> > Hi;
> >
> > Though we can see boot success and have a few smoke tests running, are there
> > any good candidate test scripts enabled in the builds that we could/should
> > look at integrating?
>
> I think enable ptest feature in images and then trigger the ptest
> drivers would be next step.
> I am not sure if we have ptest enabled in the default images on auto builder.

FWIW ptest is enabled by default on the autobuilder (and in poky).

I think the missing piece of knowledge here is that most of our existing
tests (except ptest) are designed to be run by an external system
against a booted image. They're not intended to run within the image
itself.

If you have the image booted, you can do something like "bitbake -c
testimage" with it having been configured to point at the booted target
for it to run those tests against the image.

Cheers,

Richard