Wind River® Pulsar™ Linux is a small, high-performance, secure, and manageable Open Source Linux distribution designed to simplify and speed your embedded and Internet of Things (IoT) development projects. Based on 35 years of Wind River industry-leading experience and the latest Yocto Project Compatible releases, Pulsar ensures your team is working with the highest-quality commercial open source embedded operating system on the market.
With Pulsar Linux, users get:
- A binary image certified for the Avnet hardware platform through extended testing and validation processes
- A pre-packaged binary image for quick prototyping
- Access to security updates and other critical Linux updates
- Extensibility through the use of package download feeds; packages can be installed directly on the device
- An application development toolkit to connect to a cloud repository for rapid application development
- Built-in container support for application middleware abstraction by running multiple isolated systems (containers) on a single control host