[yocto] Xilinx/meta-jupyter layer

Chandana Kalluri ckalluri at xilinx.com
Fri Sep 27 13:12:28 PDT 2019

Hello all,

https://github.com/Xilinx/meta-jupyter is a meta-jupyter layer containing recipes for jupyter notebook. The initial recipes are based of Dmitry Kargin's meta-jupyter layer https://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/branch/master/layer/meta-jupyter/. This layer has not been updated for a while.

The Xilinx/meta-jupyter layer also adds recipes for python3 based notebooks apart from existing python2 based notebooks.
This layer has been tested using Yocto thud layer and  by running jupyter notebooks on Ultra96 community boards.
We would like to maintain Xilinx/meta-jupyter  layer actively and welcome contributions to this layer either through pull requests or via patches sent to meta-xilinx mailing list until a mailing list for meta-jupyter is in place. In the next cycle we will deprecate python2 recipes.

A question to community,
 - Would you recommend maintaining this layer separately in the current github.com/Xilinx location or be included under meta- openembedded layers.
- Would you suggest having a separate mailing list ?

Thanks,
Chandana