[yocto] [OE-core] Xilinx/meta-jupyter layer

Randy MacLeod randy.macleod at windriver.com
Sat Sep 28 15:00:34 PDT 2019

On 9/27/19 4:12 PM, Chandana Kalluri wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> https://github.com/Xilinx/meta-jupyter is a meta-jupyter layer containing recipes for jupyter notebook. The initial recipes are based of Dmitry Kargin's meta-jupyter layer https://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/branch/master/layer/meta-jupyter/. This layer has not been updated for a while.
>
> The Xilinx/meta-jupyter layer also adds recipes for python3 based notebooks apart from existing python2 based notebooks.
> This layer has been tested using Yocto thud layer and  by running jupyter notebooks on Ultra96 community boards.
> We would like to maintain Xilinx/meta-jupyter  layer actively and welcome contributions to this layer either through pull requests or via patches sent to meta-xilinx mailing list until a mailing list for meta-jupyter is in place. In the next cycle we will deprecate python2 recipes.
>
> A question to community,
>   - Would you recommend maintaining this layer separately in the current github.com/Xilinx location or be included under meta- openembedded layers.
I suppose a seperate layer since jupyter isn't typically used
but I don't have a strong opinion either way.

> - Would you suggest having a separate mailing list ?

Using the Yocto email list would be my preference.
That way, I'd keep on eye on Jupyter from time to time
whereas if it's a separate list, I likely would not subscribe.
I'm assuming that there will be less than few 100 emails per year.

../Randy

--
# Randy MacLeod
# Wind River Linux