[yocto] Downloading Git Archives

Chuck Wolber chuckwolber at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 20:06:40 PDT 2019

Hi All,

Our build environment is stuck behind a firewall with no access to the
Internet. When a Yocto build requires a new package, we normally extract
the URL from the failed build log and "wget" the package from the upstream
source, do our due diligence (checksums, etc), and then add it to the
server pointed to by ${LOCAL_MIRROR}.

Obviously that procedure does not work so well when a git repository needs
to be fetched. We have tried various methods, but nothing seems to work
reliably. Our current method is an annoying hack involving a virtual
machine clone of the build server.

I have searched far and wide, and cannot find any sort of procedure. Can
someone point me at a procedure for translating something like git://
git.yoctoproject.org/pseudo into a file we can store in our ${LOCAL_MIRROR}?

Thank you,

..Ch:W..