[yocto] Auto-remove empty package from rootfs

Ross Burton ross.burton at intel.com
Fri Sep 20 03:31:57 PDT 2019

On 20/09/2019 07:12, Vignesh Rajendran (RBEI/ECF3) wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I have a feeling that the empty packages are really not useful inside
> rootfs/sysroot either dependency with other packages, isn’t it?
>
> Is there already a way in Yocto to remove/avoid empty packages from rootfs?

An empty package by definition doesn't have any impact on the rootfs,
because it's empty.  The majority of empty packages are used for their
dependency management: package groups are just empty packages which have
dependencies.

If you know of any empty packages which have no dependencies, feel free
to submit a patch to remove them from the metadata.

Ross