[yocto] Awkward line wrapping in bash

Randy MacLeod randy.macleod at windriver.com
Thu Sep 19 11:45:51 PDT 2019

On 9/19/19 11:43 AM, phodina wrote:
> Hi,
>
> based on André recommendation I commented out the PS1 variable and now I get `-sh-4.4#` for the prompt. I also checked and nothing is overwriting the variable.
>
> But I tried to change the size of the shell by using `stty cols 100 rows 40` as well as different sizes (smaller and bigger than 80 columns), but the amount of characters I get on the line stays at 81 followed by carrige return. However if I record the session with `script` I get the correct amount of characters per line.

If you are able to reproduce this proble on the master, or a
stable (1) branch with one of the supported qemu or HW BSPs (2),
please open a defect in:
    https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/

Please report the branch, what layers you are using (hopefully you
can reproduce it with just oe-core/poky + a HW layer) and
with a standard image.

../Randy

(1) https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Releases

(2):
The list here is a good start, I'm not sure about the FSL support and
I suspect that minnow board is no longer relevant.

https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/describecomponents.cgi?product=BSPs

If your hardware isn't listed, and you can't reproduce the issue
in qemu or supported HW, you should contact your HW supplier.

--
# Randy MacLeod
# Wind River Linux