[yocto] How to share files between recipes?

Mikko.Rapeli at bmw.de Mikko.Rapeli at bmw.de
Thu Sep 19 06:48:20 PDT 2019

On Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 09:39:32AM -0400, Patrick Doyle wrote:
> I have a set of data files (cryptographic keys) that I would like to
> share among several recipes in my build.  They won't go into the
> rootfs, but they will be used by multiple recipes that construct the
> rootfs.  So, to the best of my understanding, it seems like I should
> put them in sysroot and somehow access them from there.

One possibility is to provide these keys as host native tools and data to
build of target recipes. This makes the files available in the build environment
but does not expose them to target.

Create a -native recipe which has and installs the files and use via DEPENDS to
the -native recipe.

Hope this helps,

-Mikko