[yocto] warrior with recipes AUTOREV, issues (and hangs bitbake on Centos )

Randy MacLeod randy.macleod at windriver.com
Wed Sep 18 15:21:33 PDT 2019

On 9/18/19 3:46 AM, lluis.campos at northern.tech wrote:
> Hello,
>
> While updating our layers and build system for warrior, we are facing
> the exact same issue reported by Richard C Allen back in June [1].
>
> In our case, we are using Ubuntu 16.04 for as build host.
>
> Since then, a new release of yocto was tagged, 2.7.1, but the issue
> seems to be still present.
>
> Any update on it? Is there more people affected by it?

Hi Lluís,

I don't see an open issue in the bugzilla but it's possible
the problem has been fixed. Can you try to reproduce it on master?
If it's broken on master and you have a reproducer then open a
defect:
   https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/
there's a much higher chance of getting a fix.
Bugs are reviewed every Thursday.

If it's working on master but not warrior/2.7.1 then
take a look through the commit logs for oe-core and bitbake.
If you can automate the detection (and clean-up), then you
could use poky and git bisect to find the fix.

Thanks,
../Randy

--
# Randy MacLeod