[yocto] Wayland-scanner missing from SDK

Jussi Kukkonen jku at goto.fi
Tue Sep 17 03:48:55 PDT 2019

On Tue, 17 Sep 2019 at 13:23, Teemu K <maillinglists18 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to create SDK for my image created with Yocto's rocko -
> branch. It goes fine except wayland-scanner is missing from native
> toolchain.
>
> I found this patch and verified those changes are in place:
> https://patchwork.openembedded.org/patch/126669/
>
> Still the wayland-scanner is not  appearing to native toolchain side.
> The target side it is.

The scanner is in -dev package IIRC. There was a discussion later last year
where  someone tried to add -dev for that reason but that received critique
(because of the heavy price in dependencies).

There was a later attempt at tweaking the packaging (
https://patchwork.openembedded.org/patch/154282/) but that was not merged
I guess? I'm guessing that failed on autobuilder because builds that were
expecting to find the scanner suddenly didn't...

Jussi