[yocto] Extension of package name by distro version

Jan Kaisrlik ja.kaisrlik at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 01:55:00 PDT 2019

Hello,

I would like to ask if it is possible to extend all package names by
some string f.e. by string corresponding to the version of the
distribution (+fw2.6.1)
* without distro string - kernel-5.3.0-rc3_5.3.0+git0+e21a712a96-2_arm64.deb
* with distro string -
kernel-5.3.0-rc3_5.3.0+git0+e21a712a96-2+fw2.6.1_arm64.deb
I've checked manuals and code and I do not see any easy way how to
append some string to the version of the package.

What I've played with it so far I added the mentioned string to PR in
bbclasses' in poky. Honestly, I do not believe this is the best idea
(on other hands it is working xD ) ...

If it is not possible at the moment are you interested in the patch?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Jan Kaisrlík