[yocto] Patch a package with condition

PRASANTH R ragaprasanth at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 22:55:07 PDT 2019

Hi,

I need to patch my custom recipe, let say "Package-A.bb" in which I need to
add a patch to the test recipe if the yocto build has a specific package
like let's say if "Package-B" is available patch should be applied for
Package-A.bb
I am trying with below step in Package-A.bb
SRC_URI_append_Package-B = " file://0001-add-new-line.patch"

But it doesn't work, I could see this SRC_URI_append_* works only for some
specific tokens like board name, Architecture, library or native-class as
such

Have u come across the scenario to make a dependency in patching with
reference to another package? which way I can use this?

Thanks,