[yocto] One second timestamp resolution?

Paul D. DeRocco pderocco at ix.netcom.com
Thu Sep 12 09:58:45 PDT 2019

> From: Jussi Kukkonen [mailto:jku at goto.fi]
>
> I think file timestamp resolution on ext4 is one of the things that
> depend on inode size (ext4 does not enforce reasonable values because
> of compatibility with earlier versions I guess). So maybe check inode
> size (should be 256 bytes I think?).

I don't have tune2fs on my embedded system, so I can't check, but that sounds like the probable reason. The nanoseconds that ext4 added are in the upper 128 bytes of a 256 byte inode, for compatibility reasons, so somehow I must have ext4 configured to use 128 byte inodes. Where would this be configured in a Yocto build? I'm still on Pyro.

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco
Paul                mailto:pderocco at ix.netcom.com