[yocto] Tuning gcc for Geode LX

Mauro Ziliani mauro at faresoftware.it
Wed Sep 11 00:38:43 PDT 2019

Hi all.

I nee to disable all SIMD mmx sse extensions for the  GCC use to build
the final image, containing Qt5 libraries

Now I have  tuned qtbase_git.bb by PACKAGECONFIG_CONFARGS adding the
configure's parameters to disable MMX extensions.

But I need to disable this extensions for every package that can use MMX.

So my desire is to produce a gcc compiler that does'nt supports MMX.

I create  a machine/geode.conf with

DEFAULTTUNE="i586"

include conf/machine/include/tune-i586.inc

But I don't find how to customize the gcc/g++ parameters to disable SIMD
extensions.

Any idea?

MZ