[yocto] package_qa fails on copy openssl

William Durocher wdurocher at it-link.ca
Tue Sep 10 05:49:35 PDT 2019

Currently updating a sumo build to warrior. One of our recipe called config
server uses nodejs which was updated from 8.9 in sumo to 10.5 in warrior.
As an interim solution we decided to keep the version of nodejs to 8.90.
However I am getting the following exception in the package_qa step:

"File:
'/home/wdurocher/work/gammaip/warrior/sources/meta/meta/classes/staging.bbclass',
lineno: 151, function: staging_copyfile
     0147:        os.symlink(linkto, dest)
     0148:        #bb.warn(c)
     0149:    else:
     0150:        try:
 *** 0151:            os.link(c, dest)
     0152:        except OSError as err:
     0153:            if err.errno == errno.EXDEV:
     0154:                bb.utils.copyfile(c, dest)
     0155:            else:
Exception: FileExistsError: [Errno 17] File exists:
'/home/wdurocher/work/gammaip/warrior/build/tmp/sysroots-components/x86_64/openssl-native/usr/bin/openssl.real'
->
'/home/wdurocher/work/gammaip/warrior/build/tmp/work/cortexa8hf-neon-schneider-linux-gnueabi/config-server/0.0.2-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/bin/openssl.real'"

Which apparently is related to nodejs(sumo) using openssl 1.0.2p while a
few packages use openssl 1.1.0. Hacking staging.bbclass to remove the file
did allow package_qa to complete but that is not really a satisfactory
solution as 1) I would rather not hack the meta repo directly and 2) there
has to be a better way to have both openssl 1.0 and openssl 1.1 coexist
with the recipes using the correct version.

How do I either

- Fix the error mentionned above
- Make yocto be aware that there are 2 versions of openssl !

Any help would be appreciated.

--

<https://www.itlink.fr/>

William Durocher

Linker / Developpeur

1800-500 Place d’Armes, Montréal, QC, H2Y 2W2

+1 (438) 259-3227 / +1 (514) 613-6887

www.it-link.ca

Suivez-nous sur <https://www.linkedin.com/company/groupe-it-link/>