[yocto] incohenrence between defconf, .config and /proc/config.gz

María del Mar Velasco AERTEC Solutions – Aerospace & Aviation mvelasco at aertecsolutions.com
Fri Sep 6 01:49:57 PDT 2019

Dear all,

I have built an image after doing changes in kernel config by adding a layer that adds lines in .config file. This changes lead me to an undesired configuration, so I decided to undo the last kernel config. When I remove the layer that adds lines in .config file, I ensure that kernel is clean by doing bitbake -c cleanall linux-xxx. Then I build again the image. I can see .config file is exactly equal than defconf kernel file. However, when I write image into the target, /proc/config.gz file is inconsistent with .config file and it preserves some lines that are missing in .config file.

Could somebody give me an advice about this issue? Why /proc/config.gz is not equal than .config file?

Thanks in advance