[yocto] [meta-raspberrypi] Cannot see /dev/ttyS0 on CM3+ with 4.19.66 yocto build.

Bill Jenkins bill at korgrd.com
Mon Sep 2 21:58:58 PDT 2019

The 4.14.112 yocto builds that we have been using show both /dev/ttyS0 and /dev/ttyAMA0
initialization strings in dmesg and both can be successfully used. After updating to the latest
to try out the 4.19.66 kernel, we see the initialization message for /dev/ttyAMA0 and can use
it, but there is no message for /dev/ttyS0 and we are unable to use that uart.

Is there anything that we need to change in our conf file or elsewhere when doing this update
in order to get both serial ports to work with the latest kernel?

Any help/info greatly appreciated!
~Bill