[yocto] [wpe-webkit] Optimising imx6 performance for HTML5 using Cog + WPE WebKit

Wouter Vanhauwaert W.Vanhauwaert at TELEVIC.com
Tue Oct 29 02:29:56 PDT 2019

Problem with 'interface based on HTML5, javascript and CSS', is that it can be done in a thousand ways...
Some of them will fall back to hardware, and some of them will need calculation so take CPU time.
Without an insight in a code-abstraction, it's impossible to tell what the issue is.

https://medium.com/outsystems-experts/how-to-achieve-60-fps-animations-with-css3-db7b98610108 => some hints on how to improve mobile performance
https://www.sitepoint.com/introduction-to-hardware-acceleration-css-animations/ => some more hints to leverage functions to hardware

But I also don't reach 60fps on imx6 (yet?)

Grt,
Wouter