[yocto] minicom hangs when Attempting to communicate with ttyUSB1

Shravan Singh shravan at bluesparq.com
Mon Oct 28 14:45:38 PDT 2019

Hello All,

I have GSM module which enumerates as /dev/ttyUSB0 and ttyUSB1.
When I try communicating with the module using minicom. The application
hangs.
As in, I am unable to send an AT command and I am unable to exit minicom.

The command that I am using is
*minicom -b 115200 -D /dev/ttyUSB1*

So to debug the situation I used Raspberrypi buster image and tried the
same steps.
And I was able to communicate with it.

What could be the problem here? I have usbserial module on both the images
installed.
Am I missing some other packages.

Regards,
Shravan Singh
(239) 243-0838

Blue Sparq, Inc.
928 NE 24th Lane unit 4 and 5.
Cape Coral, FL 33993

IMPORTANT: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential.
They are intended for the named recipient(s) only. If you have received
this email by mistake, please notify the sender immediately and do not
disclose the contents to anyone or make copies thereof.