[yocto] Yocto builds and svn offline

Georgi Georgiev Georgi.Georgiev at woodward.com
Thu Oct 31 03:59:01 PDT 2019

Hi,
The problem:
In our project we have some parts located in svn server far. This server due to "unknown" reasons very often is not accessible. And I noticed that yocto always tries to access the svn server. Not like the other components in download directory. Something worse, if it does not access the server, it erases all the trunks, tags we had already in download/svn directory. I made a simple test erasing sstate-cache and tmp, and disconnected the cable of my machine. Everything goes fine till svn recipes. Here is the shortest recipe:

SUMMARY = "Linux0 web pages"
DESCRIPTION = "Set of static web pages to be displayed during update."
LICENSE = "CLOSED"
PV = "117434"
SRC_URI = " \
    svn://cocosubversion/svn/Embedded/Valve\&Actuator/DVPII/trunk/Linux0Web;module=trunk;protocol=http;rev=${PV} \
    file://ww-linux0-web-deploy.sh \
    "
S = "${WORKDIR}/trunk"
INSTALL_DIR = "/www/ww-linux0-web"
FILES_${PN} += " \
    ${INSTALL_DIR}/index.html.ww_failed_to_boot \
    ${INSTALL_DIR}/index.html.ww_failed_to_program \
    ${INSTALL_DIR}/index.html.ww_update_in_progress \
    "
# Skip the unwanted steps
do_configure[noexec] = "1"
do_compile[noexec] = "1"

do_install () {
    install -d ${D}${INSTALL_DIR}
    install -m 644 ${S}/index.html.ww_failed_to_boot ${D}${INSTALL_DIR}
    install -m 644 ${S}/index.html.ww_failed_to_program ${D}${INSTALL_DIR}
    install -m 644 ${S}/index.html.ww_update_in_progress ${D}${INSTALL_DIR}

    install -d ${D}${bindir}
    install -m 755 ${WORKDIR}/ww-linux0-web-deploy.sh ${D}${bindir}
}

How can we solve that issue?

***
The information in this email is confidential and intended solely for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed.  If you have received this email in error please notify the sender by return e-mail, delete this email, and refrain from any disclosure or action based on the information.
***